Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bleach Face With Hydrogen

great memories

has now with the writing not much to do: Today, exactly 15 years ago I got off the plane in Osaka, took a half years of study in Kyoto and Tokyo. In retrospect, I wonder where I was then the cutting to get involved in this adventure. I can not remember to have on the nights before the flight, slept poorly or prior to departure more than a slight queasiness felt in the stomach. And, although I sometimes have palpitations get when I have to call only one other person.

I can still remember that after the first night in Japan, namely 1 10. 1992, the streets around my home and paced me feel at home. Throughout the 18 months I never had to struggle with homesickness, and unlike most of my fellow students, I flew in between and never returns.

Time was perfect in its own way (although not free of annoyances). I was young, I was free, I came up with the language and deal size is sometimes also with their culture. I felt able to live anywhere in the world - of course an extreme hubris, because in almost any country you are so guarded as in Japan. Still, the feeling was there the whole month, and it was a wonderful time.

a writer I was doing not so much as I had planned. On a so-called "WAPRO", a simple word processor, I typed a few short stories and some fragments, acceptable work for my circumstances, but as I said, few in number But I read a lot and spent every single day (and this is no exaggeration) for several hours in bookstores. To this day I like to browse in Japanese language books, although my reading speed is only about half of the Germans. Although lack of time I devour thick tome rare in Japanese, I buy every new reading material belonging stay in Japan, and even with my current Nippon trip in July of this year were the bookstores my main point of contact. The otherness of all that is in the Japanese market holds, my spirit may open for new inspirations. And the role that reading occupies in Japanese daily life, Balm for anyone who likes books and writes books. In certain in later blog entries more.

Fifteen years ago I broke so on to Nippon. And a significant part of me is never returned from there ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment